Last Updated: April 30th, 2012
Use of this website, our software, and any of our products or services are governed by the policies on this page. Please read them thoroughly.
Offsite Computer Backup LLC’s refund policy is simple: “Cancel your service at any time. We will refund the unused portion of your payment as of the end of the cancellation month. Typically, the refund will be issued within 48 hours however we may require up to 30 days in unusual circumstances.” Certain software and hardware products are not returnable although many have a day return policy ranging from 7 to 30 days. Contact us as soon as possible if you think a return may be required.
Disk space is calculated using actual compressed data. Many types of data compress up to 80% so you will be able to store much more data than what you will be billed for. We will adjust your billing automatically each month according to actual usage. Even though there may be a quota assigned to your account, we allocate space dynamically and only charge for actual usage including your retention area (where your deleted/changed files sit temporarily during the retention period).
No Obligation 30 day trial:
New customers are eligible for a no obligation trial of most of our services, including our Offsite Backup Solution. Simply setup your new account and you will not be billed for 30 days. If you cancel within the 30 days, you owe nothing. After 30 days, we will bill your account, and automatically convert your trial account to a paid account.
Services are not billed until the end of each month on your billing cycle date (or other term if applicable) and are post-paid. In calculating your data use, we will look only at actual data use during the previous billing term and charge based than the actual peak usage for the period.
(Specific to “ocBackup Manager” software)
1. All software provided by Offsite Computer Backup LLC is on an “as is” basis with no warranties of any kind and Offsite Computer Backup LLC will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use. Offsite Computer Backup LLC further disclaims all warranties, express and implied, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
2. Offsite Computer Backup LLC grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free, limited license to use the binary form of the software provided by Offsite Computer Backup LLC for personal use only. Redistribution of programs owned by Offsite Computer Backup LLC, unless explicitly granted by Offsite Computer Backup LLC, is strictly prohibited.
3. All content included on this site, including text, graphics, logos, button icons, images and software, is the property of Offsite Computer Backup LLC or its content suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws. All program used on this site is the property of Offsite Computer Backup LLC or its software suppliers and protected by international copyright laws. Any attempt of reverse engineering, disassembly, or decompilation of programs, unless it is explicitly permitted, is prohibited by law.
4. Offsite Computer Backup LLC may send notices to you via either email or regular mail. Offsite Computer Backup LLC may also provide notices of changes to the terms or other matters by displaying notices or links to notices to you generally on the services provided by Offsite Computer Backup LLC.
5. While it is not Offsite Computer Backup LLC’s intent to monitor your online communications, Offsite Computer Backup LLC reserves the right to edit or remove content that we become aware of and determine to be harmful or offensive to the general public. Termination or suspension of your account may be resulted as a consequence to the violation of this rule.
6. The integrity of this system relies on proper use of email as message passing media. The use of the email system, directly or indirect as a spamming tool, or other than it is intended, is prohibited.
7. “Offsite Computer Backup LLC” reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the services (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
8. You are expected not to use the services provided by Offsite Computer Backup LLC for any unlawful activities not otherwise covered above, including but not limited to, attempting to compromise the security of any networked account, a site or a country. Appropriate legal procedures will be pursued when Offsite Computer Backup LLC is aware of any of these activities
9. Offsite Computer Backup LLC shall not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (including damages for loss of business, loss of profits, loss of backup data, or the like), whether based on breach of contract, tort (including negligence), product liability or otherwise, even if Offsite Computer Backup LLC or its representatives have been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
10. Users are the ONLY ones who have the knowledge of their encryption keys. Offsite Computer Backup LLC does not store or have access to encryption keys, and thus there is ABSOLUTELY NO POSSIBLY WAY to recover your lost encryption key. Users have the sole responsibility to make sure their encryption keys are kept in a safe and secure place. Offsite Computer Backup LLC shall not be liable for any damages (including damages for not able to restore backup data or the disclosure of confidential information) resulting from loss/corruption/compromise of this key.
11. Users are responsible for performing regularly scheduled restores of both random and full sets of data to confirm validity, integrity and restorability of files we backup. Offsite Computer Backup LLC cannot be responsible for loss of data for which a user cannot prove these regular confirmations of restored data. Offsite Computer Backup LLC recommends that a complete restore of critical data is tested every thirty days.
We reserve the right to modify any terms or policies at anytime with or without notice. This web page shall be the official terms and policies and shall supersede any and all other policies regardless of the source or date. Users are encouraged to monitor this page and refer to is as often as required.